SUZY GABY AND MAUD

My website & this blog are named after my Aunt Suzy, my Grandmother Gaby (both Belgian) and my English Grandmother Maud. Each of them have influenced me, they had wonderful crafting, sewing, embroidery, knitting and crochet skills. Unfortunately when I had the chance to learn from them I was not interested. All three have passed away. My interest in sewing, crochet etc...has only been very recent. However, my interest in vintage & antique things has always been there, even as a child!


Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Welcome to Suzy Gaby and Maud!



Hello everyone!

Let me introduce you to my new blog:
Suzy Gaby and Maud

Named after Suzy (my Belgian Aunt), Gaby (my Belgian Grandmother) & Maud (my English Grandmother) all of whom have influenced me over the years. Sadly all three have now passed away but this is my way of remembering and honouring them. Between them, they had incredible sewing, knitting and crafting skills. I only wish I had been more interested in learning their skills when I was a child. My interest in sewing and craft is a lot more recent. However, my interest in vintage and antiques started when I was a child!

It may not come as a surprise to some of you to find out that, for quite some time I have slowly been working towards opening an online shop. After all, for those of you who already follow my other blog (Suzy's Vintage Attic), did you really think I was going to keep all those vintage goodies to myself? ;-)))
Much as I'd love to keep everything that I have bought, that would not be the way to run a business...

I am still working on my website/online shop which I aim to launch towards the end of October (fingers crossed!). This blog will keep you informed of events/fairs I will be attending and new products listed on my website when it is up and running.

My first fair will be at The Vintage Bazaar in Frome, Somerset on Saturday 30th October 2010. I will be selling vintage items such as textiles, haberdashery, homewares, gifts, clothes, small items of painted furniture, jewellery, religious items and more. I will also have a few handmade items.


Starting up Suzy Gaby and Maud has been very time consuming. I already work for myself from home, doing non vintage related work. There has been so little time for crafting and making things. I haven't had as much time for blogging either, so appologies if I haven't visited your blogs of late. I have spent a lot of time on the computer over the past few months...as well as scribbling ideas and designs in my notebook. It will be nice to have some time to make things instead of working on the website, business cards and all the other work that comes with setting up a business.

Isabelle x

49 comments:

  1. Beautiful header and I will look forward to seeing all the lovely things I am sure will fill the shop! Congrats and thumbs up!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Looking forward to the "opening" of your website, and to also see the lovely treasures you create! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck in all of your endeavors, Isabelle. Can't wait to see your online shop!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Isabelle and good luck with your new venture! You have wonderful taste so I am sure your online store will be fabulous!
    Take care,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you great success for all your hard work. It is hard to find time to create. I've always wondered how people do both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you success Isabelle - I am not surprised! I did wonder where all that stash was going to end up! Really look forward to seeing your business online take off. Bettyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be enviously watching from far away - good luck with the website.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes with your new venture. I will put the 30th October in my diary and do my best to be there!

    Jane

    PS love the header!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isabelle, I wish you SO much luck with your new venture, although with your stunning taste I'm certain everything will be a huge HUGE success!
    Can't wait for the website launch
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely image for your new venture! All the very best with it & so pleased that our fair will be your first! sooooooo exciting! Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck Isabelle, can't wait to see the shop up and running.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Luck with the new website
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Isabelle! What a wonderful way to hounourrate your aunt and grandmothers! You have such beautiful stuff, your shop will be faboulous!
    Good luck!
    Vale

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck Isabelle with the new venture, cannot wait to see the beautiful goodies you will be offering.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish you lots of luck with your new venture Isabella...x

    ReplyDelete
  16. How exciting! I wish you all the luck in the world with your new venture.I'm sure it's going to be a great success.Your grandmothers and your aunt would be very proud of you.

    Bellaboo :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so pleased for your new venture. Can't wait to see your online store. Hoping you will post worldwide! Congratulations.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  18. How exciting! I think your blog name is quite apt, as you know mine is named after my grandmothers and I can't think of better tributes for them.

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wishing you every success with this venture.

    ReplyDelete
  20. All the best with your new venture .... just wish I was nearer so I could visit x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck with everything and I love the header picture
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic news! Your impeccable taste will ensure your new venture is a huge success, hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. good luck with your new shop and website! fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. You HAVE been busy! Well done on the new ventures!xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good luck !!!! go for it girl.............happy evening !! hugs from me....

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good luck on your online shop and the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good Luck for your new venture. I'm sure it will be a huge success. I'm looking forward to browsing your new website.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm sure it will be fabulous! We're very honoured to have our fair as your first as well!

    ReplyDelete
  29. your new blog is lovely Isabelle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your new blog....it will be so much fun keeping up with you. Your banner is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Isabelle

    I've joined your new blog too!

    Well done!
    It takes courage to follow our dreams and turn them into a business.
    I'm sending you "Best Wishes" for success in your new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations on your new venture!!!!!
    I love the header - beautiful!!!!!
    Cannot wait to be browsing.

    Kerry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Best of luck with your vintage shop - I know just how difficult it is to keep a vintage shop going whilst juggling all those other jobs! But it is very rewarding, and I'm looking forward to seeing your lovely goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I do like your new blog...the colours and the delicate header are so pretty.
    No doubt with your ability to find lovely things and your contacts in France and Belgium you are going to have a great time.
    Best wishes,
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  35. warmest wishes for lots of happy success!

    {what a dreamy background color! love it.}

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  36. Good luck, Isabelle! I am going to start saving all my pennies. The Blog looks wonderful and I'm sure your new venture will be a great success! How exciting and a cyber toast to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Best of luck to you dear friend, I hope your new business venture is a huge success!! I love the new blog name, well done!!

    Love to you
    Julia x x x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Brilliant Isabelle, good luck! it will be brilliant I know it!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Isabelle, this is such exciting news! I am fascinated by your finds... I even love what you dig up in your yard! Looking forward to futures posts here and on your original blog. Best wishes, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wishing you all the luck, with your new venture. Can't wait for the launch...

    ReplyDelete
  41. congratulations! and i wish i could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Nice blogg you got here! Hugs from Petra

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Isabelle!
    I have seen now that you've opened a new and interesting blog!
    I will be happy to visit.
    The ancient world is my passion!!!!
    A great greeting wish for your new job, Maria.
    (With translator)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Good luck sweetheart I think you will do great because I can hear the passion in your words. Hugs, Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thank you for visiting me in France. I shall follow your blog with interest.... I used to be an avid collector, but not so much nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Good luck Isabelle I am really looking forward to your new website.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Dear Isabelle, all my best wishes in your shop!!!
    cariƱos,
    maria cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  48. Good luck as you prepare!

    I can understand your sadness over the missed opportunity. I too have hit the stage when I've learned to appreciate all of the lovely things that my grandmothers once made. In the last year or so I've learned to crochet, and am so happy that my one grandmother has been willing to spend some time helping me. Other arts, such as tatting, will not be so easy, as everyone who knew how in our family has now passed away.

    ReplyDelete