SUZY GABY AND MAUD

My website & this blog are named after my Aunt Suzy, my Grandmother Gaby (both Belgian) and my English Grandmother Maud. Each of them have influenced me, they had wonderful crafting, sewing, embroidery, knitting and crochet skills. Unfortunately when I had the chance to learn from them I was not interested. All three have passed away. My interest in sewing, crochet etc...has only been very recent. However, my interest in vintage & antique things has always been there, even as a child!


Sunday, 31 October 2010

What a show!



After months of preparing for The Vintage Bazaar Fair in Frome, the day finally came. The doors opened to the public at 09.00 hours and the crowd steadily increased until the hall became very busy indeed! The fair had a lovely atmosphere with retro music playing in the background to add to that vintage feel. It was so busy that my first chance to have a look around the other stalls was not until around 14.00 hours! Hence the lack of photos around the other stalls this time...Sorry...
I am not complaining though, it was a fantastic day which both Alan and I enjoyed.





It was an opportunity to catch up with many familiar faces such as Katie, Denise, Hen, Donna, Liz, Clare, Niki, Nicky, Sue, Lucy, Tracey and many others. I also met some lovely people including the beautiful Carrie Harwood and her Mother Jan. Carrie has a blog called wishwishwish.net which has a strong following, some of you may already know it. Carrie who is from Shepton Mallet, has recently won Cosmopolitan's Magazine Best Fashion and Style Blog Award. Other lovely people I met include Sarah from Shepton Mallet, another really lovely lady whose name I forgot to ask (long blond curly hair who does not have a blog but follows mine, hopefully you know who I am referring to if you are that person....) and many others. Thank you for having taken the time to come to my stall to say hello and introduce yourselves and for your lovely comments.

























Thank you to my parents and Alan for their help and support over the past few months. So very much appreciated!
I'd also like to thank Liz, Clare and their husbands for arranging such a beautiful event and for the work they put in to it to make it the successful event that it was. If you weren't able to attend, you missed out on a really good day....I am looking forward to the next one on Saturday 30th April 2011!

Have a lovely weekend.

Isabelle x

24 comments:

  1. Wowwww...what a lot of great stuff !!...happy sunday darling.....love Ria...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pictures, did you make lots of money? I certainly hope you did. The South West seem to have far more going on there. Kent's just got to catch up! I've just discovered you, so will be keeping a keen eye on your exploits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Isabelle, I loved looking at all your treasures, what a treat! Lovely blog, Christie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzy,

    What a great looking stall and lovely items on display!

    Happy sunday & lieve groet, Madelief

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fantastic day Suzy, lovely goodies on your table. We had something similar in Northampton last weekend and it was absolutely heaving with people with a lovely nostaglic atmosphere. Wish I was closer to the West Country .... one day perhaps x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what super things you were selling. I hope you had a very successful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could have come to shop too!
    Bernideen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Isabelle
    It was lovely to see you again and to meet Alan. Your stall looked absolutely beautiful - good enough to live inside :-)
    I'm so pleased that you had a successful and happy day, it was the best fair I've visited! Can't wait for the next one, as you say!
    Have a restful week,
    Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful day you all had..and what wonderful treasures on display too! So wish I could have been there. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah what a great boot, I wish I could have shopped here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hurray for you on a successful day, Isabelle! I see quite a few treasures displayed so prettily in your stall!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh gosh, such pretty things.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Isabelle ... your stand is wonderful!
    I wish I was there, sigh!
    A dear greeting from Italy, Maria.
    (With translator)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely event that must have been!!!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and wishing me Happy Halloween! You certainly must have had one yourself, with that Fair and all. :-)

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the great photos of your stall.
    Love all the buttons and sewing bits!
    Have a great week,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Isabelle, It all looks wonderful. How clever you are to set it all up. I'm so envious I wasn't there but lucky for my pocket that I wasn't! And how lovely that some of your Blogging friends got to meet you and say hello. It is wonderful how the Blogging can form such connections and friendship. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Isabelle
    It looks stunning, I wish I could have been there.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Isabelle! It was lovely to see you at The Vintage Bazaar and your stall looked fabulous. I hope your new venture goes from strength to strength (and you'll be coming to the V&H Christmas Fair!) Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous photos! And in Frome! That takes me back to last April when I was there for my cookery course - how lovely! See you have revamped your blog. Been thinking after 3 years I may also need to do that but it is a scary prospect in case I mess it up! Hmm...we'll see! Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful fair! everything looks abolutely gorgeous, I would have loved to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't know you had this other blog, Isabelle. Your stall looks full of lovely things, I hope you did well. Can I please ask if you still have the 'Cafe' jar in your first photo and, if so how much is it? I know you don't do mail order but I have a dish to match it and have never seen another.
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Isabelle!
    How have I missed this lovely new blog? Goodness I am slipping. Congratulations it looks wonderful, so pretty and full of all your charming finds.
    How on earth are you finding time to manage two blogs, I am in awe!
    Thank you for your lovely message,
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice stuff!!

    I follow you! Follow me back!!

    Marta

    http://topofheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete